The live voiceover training community
Marketing - Workouts - Socials - Webinars & More
This bimonthly voiceover workout session is for voiceovers of all levels. Each session will be an hour long. Participants bring along two scripts of about a minute. You then get put into a breakout room with 5 or 6 others. You number yourselves and then No1 directs No2, No2 directs No3 etc. At some stage, during the hour, the guest coach will arrive and take over the direction from whoever's turn it is. It's that simple and great fun.
Book your place now!
Here's how it works:
1. SCRIPT SAMPLES: You choose 2 x audition pieces (or pieces you are working on)
of no more than one minute (or 150 words) each.
If you can't find anything there are some practise scripts in our forum)
2. BREAK OUT ROOMS: Once all participants have arrived, you will be put in to
break out rooms of 5/6. Please do not be late as there may not be anyone in the lobby to let you in!
3. Once you are in your room, you will also need to decide on which order you will perform.
so create an order list, someone type it into the chat or change your screen names to make sure everyone knows when it's their turn.
4. Once you have an order, you will be directed by the previous person on the list, so No. 1 directs no 2, No.2 directs no 3 etc and the last person on the list will direct No.1.
5. When it's your turn to read, post your pieces (.doc, .docx, pdf or txt files only) into the chat.
If you can't post the actual document, open it on your device, copy the text and paste it into the chat.
You may have to repost your script when the director comes in.
6. So then the first reader reads their piece and the director gives directions and asks them to read it again. At anytime the current director can open up for input from others.
So you do one round of everyone's first piece and then, if time, go round again for the second piece. The workout will be scheduled for one hour but may run over.
7. The guest director at some point will visit your room.
When they do, whoever is directing, please let the guest director take over.
You may need to re-paste your script into the chat for the director.
8. During the workout, I suggest participants turn their cameras and mics off when someone else is reading.
9. I will go from room to room along with our guest coach to ensure everything is working as it should and to help solve any problems
* PLEASE NOTE: As part of the workout, you will be asked to direct the next person's piece. This is your opportunity to see what it sounds like from the other side of the mic. If this is not something you are happy to engage with, we have other events (Wonderland Marketing or the Wonderland Social).
Gold Membership is £10/month ($12.39aprox)
This gives you access to 2 Marketing Hours and 2 Script Workout sessions per month. That's a crazy low £2.50 session!
You will not find better value!
or you can drop in on any session for £4.99 ($6.18aprox)