This free bimonthly voiceover workout session is for voiceovers of all levels but unfortunately not for complete beginners. Each session will be an hour long. Participants bring along two scripts of about a minute. You then get put into a breakout room with 5 or 6 others. You number yourselves and then No1 directs No2, No2 directs No3 etc. At some stage, during the hour, the guest coach will arrive and take over the direction from whoevers turn it is. It's that simple and great fun. Book your place now!
Here's how it works:
(Please note that the workout is not for complete beginners)*
1. You choose 2 x audition pieces (or pieces you are working on) of no more than one minute (or 150 words) each.
2. Once all participants have arrived, you will be put in to break out rooms of 5/6. Please do not be late as there may not be anyone in the lobby to let you in!
3. The first thing to do when everyone has arrived in your breakout room is to post your pieces (.doc, .docx, pdf or txt files only) into the chat with file format 'FirstnameLastnamexx-xx-21 (so mine might be 'BradShaw16-6-21.doc'). Alternatively, you can just copy and paste your pieces.
4. Once you are in your room, you will also need to decide on which order you will perform, so create an order list, someone type it into the chat and make sure everyone knows when it's their turn.
5. Once you have an order, you will be directed by the previous person on the list, so No. 1 directs no 2, No.2 directs no 3 etc and the last person on the list will direct No.1.
6. So then the first reader reads their piece and the director gives directions and asks them to read it again. At anytime the current director can open up for input from the others. So you do one round of everyone's first piece and then go round again for the second piece. The workout will be scheduled for one hour but may run to a max of 90 minutes.
7. The guest director at some point may visit your room. When they do, whoever is directing, please let the guest director take over. You may need to re-paste your script into the chat for the director. Here you will get to see how the Audition Director coach works in case you want to book a one-to-one audition director session with them
8. During the workout, please can all participants turn their camera and mics off when someone is reading.
9. I will go from room to room along with our guest coach to ensure everything is working as it should and to help solve any problems
* PLEASE NOTE: I have tried to be as inclusive as possible. Please be aware that as part of the workout, you will be asked to direct the next person's piece. This is your opportunity to see what it sounds like from the other side of the mic. If this is not something you are happy to engage with, please do not come to the workout but instead join us for one of our other events (Wonderland Marketing or the Wonderland Social).
I look forward to seeing you there.